Three in-state technical colleges and their HIM Associate Degree programs that are accepted as prerequisites to the HIM Bachelors program are given below. Programs from other CAHIIM-accredited colleges will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
In-State Technical Colleges
USC Upstate is working with the following colleges, which offer health information management technology degrees that articulate into the IMS/HIM progression curriculum.
Greenville Technical College
Midlands Technical College
Florence-Darlington Technical College
USC Upstate thanks our Technical College Partners!
Please visit these institutions for details of the specific Health Information Management Associate Degree Programs that feed the
USC Upstate Health Information Management/Informatics Program.
Application and Admission
When you decide it is time to apply for admission, please visit the USC Upstate page for future students. You will find links to Admissions, Tuition and Fees and Registration.
It is important to note that when applying for admission to the IMS/HIM program, students must specify “Information Management and Systems (Code: 170). There is no specific major for registering into Health Information Management.
In addition to the university’s admission application, the USC Upstate Information Management Systems/Health Information Management (IMS/HIM) Program requires each prospective student to submit the following items:
- Official transcripts from high school and all colleges attended
- Current certification as a registered health information technician (RHIT)
- Two letters of reference from non-family members
- A one-page narrative about what you have been doing since you received your RHIT certification
- An interview, either in person or on the telephone, with the IMS/HIM Program Director