Distance Education Support for Students
Distance Education at USC Upstate consists of teaching modality that is independent of time and place and comprised of the most up-to-date pedagogical strategies and innovative technologies to engage the learner. In distance education classes, instruction may not include face to face interaction; therefore, you should plan to study and complete your assignments on your own. Distance education learners need strong motivation to learn, the ability to work independently, the capacity to follow instructions, and solid study skills. Additionally, the ability to utilize a variety of technologies is key.
Below are resources and contacts to support your success in courses offered through Distance Education at USC Upstate:
Distance Education Support Resources
Academic Support Assistance:
- Student Affairs - special services for distance education students from Disability Services, Non-traditional Student Services, and Counseling Services
- Disability Services - click here to view the accommodation process
- Library Support- services and assistance provided for distance education students by the USC Upstate Library
- Writing Assistance - use this site to view tutorials on professional writing skills
- Writing Center - call to schedule a session via SKYPE
- Bookstore - online shopping that allows students to identify and order textbooks for distance education courses without coming to campus
- USC Upstate Student Handbook - use this document to access both student life information as well as all current USC Upstate policy and procedures including the Code of Academic Integrity (pg. 134)
- Admissions Office
Document Viewers - Use the below links to access documents provided in a newer version of Office or other formats.