Applications for admission to the RN Completion Track must be submitted by February 1 for the next fall semester. Applications must include the following:
1. Documentation of admission to the University of South Carolina Upstate.
(Official transcripts are required for admission to USC Upstate.)
2. A completed application to the Mary Black School of Nursing.
3. A copy of all college transcripts that demonstrate completion of 61 credit hours of the courses below.
Technical College Equivalents
|Course Name||Course Number||Credit Hours|
|English Composition||SEGL 101||3|
|English Literature||SEGL 102||3|
|Intro to Psychology||SPSY 101||3|
|Developmental Psychology||SPSY 302||3|
|Intro to Sociology||SSOC 101||3|
|Microbiology||SBIO 330 /330L||4|
|Chemistry of Living Things||SCHM 109/109L||4|
|History||SHST 101, 102, 105, and 106||3|
|American Government||SGIS 201 or SAMS 101||3|
|Intro to Computer||SCSC 138||3|
|Mathematics (College Algebra)||SMTH 120 or SMTH 121||3|
|Fine Arts||Art , Music or Theatre elective||3|
|Arts & Humanities||Art, Music, Theater, Film, Philosophy, Religion, Language, or Literature elective||3|
|Foreign Culture||Foreign Language, Art, Anthropology, Government, International Studies, English, Geography, History, Religion||3|
4. A copy of transcript from an accredited associate degree nursing program or an accredited diploma program that demonstrates completion of the equivalent of 35 credit hours of nursing.
5. Some general education and supporting courses may be exempted by successful completion of Advanced Placement tests in high school, CLEP tests, DANTES, or challenge examinations prepared at USC Upstate. (See the USC Upstate catalog.) Every effort will be made to give RN students credit for all applicable college courses they have completed in the past.
Contact Us for More Information
225 S. Pleasantburg Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Phone: 1-888-551-3858 or 864-552-4248