Blackboard for Students
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where your instructors may post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible any where you have an Internet connection, so you can take full advantage of your education even if you are not on campus.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Important course-related announcements/communications
- Review your grades
- Access course-related videos and lectures
- Submit assignments and take tests online
- Communicate with instructors and classmates
- Access direct links to library information and databases
- Access to course related documents and syllabi
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Windows XP or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 8 or later (Windows only), Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 4 or later (Mac only)
- Sun Java JRE 6 (download)
How Do I Get Started?
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the steps below:
- Login to VIP (if you have forgotten your PIN, you can reset it online by following the link on the VIP login page or by presenting a picture ID to the Records Office).
- Reset your password under "Technology" (see instructions below).
- Once you have set your password you should be able to login to Blackboard through VIP, on the "Current Students" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.sc.edu.
- Once successfully logged in you will be presented with your "My USC" screen with a list of all your courses on the right side.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every 6 months and must be reset in VIP using the steps above.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)
If you require more in depth support you may want to contact the USC Columbia help desk at 803-777-1800. You can also email Blackboard support at firstname.lastname@example.org
(please copy email@example.com
also so we can ensure you receive a speedy response).