Blackboard for Students
Blackboard is an online course delivery system where your instructors may post announcements, course syllabi, assignments or other information. Essentially, it is a mobile classroom that is accessible any where you have an Internet connection, so you can take full advantage of your education even if you are not on campus.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Blackboard now has VoiceThread installed, allowing you to share content in a variety of formats. See here for more information!
- Important course-related announcements/communications
- Review your grades
- Access course-related videos and lectures
- Submit assignments and take tests online
- Communicate with instructors and classmates
- Access direct links to library information and databases
- Access to course related documents and syllabi
Available To: (Who can use it?)
Rates (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This service is free to any student at USC Upstate.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Windows XP or newer (PC)
- Mac OS X 10.5 or newer (Apple)
- Internet access
- One of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 10 or later (Windows only), Firefox 3.6 or later, Google Chrome, Safari 4 or later (Mac only)
- Sun Java JRE 6 (download)
How Do I Get Started?
To use Blackboard you must obtain your USC network username and password, which is different from your USC Upstate login, by following the steps below:
- Click on the following link: http://my.sc.edu/apps/username
- Login toSelf Service Carolina
- Next to your network username, click on "Manage Password"
- Once you have created a new password you should be able to login to Blackboard through the "Current Students" section of the USC Upstate homepage or by going directly to https://blackboard.sc.edu.
- Once successfully logged in you will be presented with your "My USC" screen with a list of all your courses on the right side.
- Remember: your Blackboard password will expire every 6 months and must be reset in SSC using the steps above.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)
If you require more in depth support you may want to contact the USC Columbia help desk at 803-777-1800. You can also email Blackboard support at email@example.com
(please copy firstname.lastname@example.org
also so we can ensure you receive a speedy response).