USC Upstate supports and encourages departmental freedom of expression and an open environment for the pursuit of knowledge. One avenue for such expression, advertising and communication is digital signage strategically positioned across the campus.
See below for some examples of digital signage in use around the University.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Promote University activities, events and educational opportunities
- Department specific content with department signage managers
- Provide a current and effective interactive communication to a large internal audience and visitors
- Easy to use drag and drop content editor
- Improve communication across campus
- Increase attendance at events
- Inform the campus of University news
Available to: (Who can use it?)
- All faculty, staff and student groups who have information of interest to the university community
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
It is free to request that acceptable content be displayed on the digital signage, however there is a cost to have a departmental sign. Email the ITS Help Desk to obtain a quote to have a digital sign installed in your department.
Requirements for Use:
The following have the ability to upload content:
- Department Signage Managers (for their department signage only)
- University Communications (for campus-wide digital signage)
Any faculty, staff or student groups can request content be uploaded, you'll need to coordinate with the department signage manager or University Communications for approval for content to be displayed on a specific sign.
How do I get started:
- Digital signs are currently installed at the following locations:
- IT Help Desk (Administration Building)
- Admin 2nd Floor Lobby (Administration Building)
- University Communications (Administration Building)
- Enrollment Service Left and Right (HEC)
- Nursing Education Lobby (HEC)
- Nursing Basement Lobby (HEC)
- Nursing 3rd Floor Lobby (HEC)
- Education 3rd Floor Lobby (HEC)
- Wellness Lobby (HEC)
- HEC Main Hall
- Sandellas (HEC)
- Bookstore (HEC)
- HEC Boardroom
- Hodge Building Lobby
- Media Building Second Floor Lobby
- USC Upstate Greenville Campus (UCG)
- CLC 2nd Floor Lobby
- If there is not already a Content Manager for your department's digital signage, contact Deneshia Smith or Tammy Whaley in the Office of University Communications to determine if you are eligible to become a Content Manager. They can arrange the training required.
- If there is already a Content Manager for your department, you can contact them to determine if your signage can be uploaded to the displays.
- If you would like to have an additional sign installed, email the Help Desk or submit a ticket to request a quote.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)
- What content is permitted on digital signs?
- How do I create content for my department's digital signage (Coming soon)
- How do I submit my digital signage for display across the University (Coming soon)
- What is the approval process? (Coming soon)
Digital Signage Policies: