Connecting to the USC Upstate wireless network is as easy as turning on your computer and opening your web browser. Virtually the entire campus (99% of faculty and staff buildings) is blanketed in wireless coverage, indoors and out. So whether you're hard at work in the office or classroom, sitting in your car in the parking lot or having your lunch outside you're almost guaranteed access to high-speed internet with just a few simple steps.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Browse internet, email and use SSC and Blackboard
- Print wirelessly to select printers
Available to: (Who can use it?)
- All faculty, staff and students with a valid login. Wireless access is also available to visitors who request a login.
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This service is free to all faculty, staff and currently enrolled students.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Personal computer with wireless card
- Safe Connect software
- Up to date anti-virus software
- If using a Windows computer, automatic updates must be turned on
How do I get started:
USC Upstate Faculty/Staff and Students
- Make sure your computer has the wireless turned on
- Login to the Uscupstate.edu wireless network using your upstate login (the same one you use for email)
- When prompted, download safe connect
- For more detailed instructions see the step by step guide below or bring your laptop to the help desk
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)