ITS - Service - Discounted Software Purchase
University Technology Services offers a wide array of software to the University community. Students, faculty, staff, and departments can take advantage of educational pricing on most software from UTS. Some software is available at no charge.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Students can obtain Microsoft Office and anti-virus software for their personal computer
- Faculty and Staff have the option to purchase software for both home and work use, including a full range of Abobe products!
- Some software can be downloaded directly
- Free shipping on all software that requires a CD to install!
Available to: (Who can use it?)
- All Faculty, Staff and currently enrolled students
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
Some software is free, while most is available at a discounted price. When you log in to VIP to view software available it will show you the related cost. For example, students can purchase Microsoft Office 2010 for Windows for $80 and Office 2011 for Mac for $70.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- Internet access
- VIP account login
- For work purchases department and fund number will need to be provided
- Faculty/staff can purchase software from home using a credit card
- Students will needs funds on their Carolina Card to make a purchase
How Do I Get Started:
- Login to VIP
- Click on the Technology listing on the left menu
- In the Technology section, click on "Show Me Software Distribution"
- Click on the title of the software you would like to purchase
- Unless the software is downloadable, you will need to complete and submit the form. UTS will process your request and ship the software
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting:(I need help)
Discounted Software Purchase Policies: (The legal stuff... They make us do it)