USC Upstate Phone System
USC Upstate provide a phone system with a range of features including voice mail and conferencing using a range of Cisco model phones to suit your department's needs.
Features: (Why should I use this?)
- Receive voice mail straight to your email when out of the office
- Caller ID
- Create your own address book and speed dials
- Make conference calls
- Record your own out of office message
Available To: (Who can use it?)
- All Faculty and Staff. However, adjunct faculty cannot have their name added to their phone.
Rates: (Do I need to pay to use it?)
This basic phone service is free to any new position in a department. However, there may be extra costs associated with upgrading Cisco models and making long distance calls.
Requirements for Use: (What do I need to use it?)
- An active network port
- Cisco model phone
- Pin code for accessing voice mail and other functions on phone
How Do I Get Started
If you do not already have a phone in the office, your department will have to request one. If this is for a new position than a basic phone model will be provided at no cost. The following models are available (line and voicemail is included in cost):
- 1 Line: 7905, 7911 (approx. cost $225) - no speakerphone
- 2 Line: 7940, 7941 (approx. cost $325)
- 6 Line: 7960, 7961 (approx. cost $425)
- Wireless: 7921
- Conference: 7936
Instructions for setting up voicemail can be found below. You can dial any number on campus through the four digit extension. If you require assistance contact the Help Desk at 5257.
Support Tutorials and Troubleshooting: (I need help)