Go Army Tuition Assistance Program
Tuition Assistance (TA)
is a benefit offered to service members to assist with the cost of tuition. You
may request TA 60 days prior to the start of classes and up to 7 days after
classes have started. TA typically
covers up to $250 per credit hour with a fiscal year limit of 16 credit
hours. Combined with our military
tuition discount (Verification
of Military Service Form), TA may cover up to 100% of tuition for
students who qualify.
Eligibility Requirements as of January 1, 2014:
- Soldiers will not be eligible to use TA until successfully
completing one year after graduating Advanced Individual Training (AIT),
Officer Candidate School (OCS) or Basic Officer Leaders Course (BOLC).
- Students will be restricted to 16 credit hours per fiscal year.
- Soldiers are limited to 130 credit hours to complete a bachelor’s degree and 39 credit hours to complete a master’s degree.
- Soldiers cannot use TA for a second higher level degree until
completion of 10 years of service.
- This requirement does not apply if TA did not pay for any
portion of the student's undergraduate degree.
- Soldier cannot be funded for a second equivalent degree (i.e. no
second bachelor’s or master’s degree).
- All courses must be part of an approved degree plan.
- TA cannot be used for professional degrees (i.e. Ph.D., M.D., J.D.).
- The policy for not allowing TA for Soldiers who are flagged for
APFT/height/weight will continue.
- Additional information related to TA can be found on the
Frequently Asked Questions page of the Go Army Ed website.-
Note: USC Upstate does not determine eligibility for Tuition
Assistance. The above noted items were received from the U.S. Army. Please
contact your ESO to determine your full eligibility requirements.
- Upon completion of 6 credit hours,
you must have an approved course planner in place. You would work with your academic advisor to
obtain the degree plan. The degree plan
should include your name, signature of academic advisor and contact
information for the academic advisor.
On the Go Army Ed website, select the
courses that you wish to request Tuition Assistance for and submit them with a
copy of your bill and class schedule. Your name should be clearly listed on the bill and class schedule.
Bring a copy of the approved Tuition
Assistance form to Student Account Services/Cashier’s Office.
helpful information regarding Go Army Tuition Assistance: