Instructions for Students Transferring To USC Upstate
If you plan to transfer to USC Upstate, you must complete the following steps in order to be considered for financial assistance:
- Transfer students must have been admitted to USC Upstate and have their current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at USC Upstate by November 1st for the spring semester or June 1st for the fall semester. Applications submitted after this date will be processed; however, aid may not be available by the first day of classes.
- If you wish to be considered for financial assistance at USC Upstate, you should call the Federal Processor (FAFSA) at 1-800-433-3243 and request that USC Upstate receive your financial aid information or go to their web site at www.fafsa.ed.gov . In order for the Federal Processor to send USC Upstate your information they will need our school code 006951 and your "DRN" number from your Student Aid Report (SAR). USC Upstate does not have access to your "DRN" number. If you do not have your SAR, you may request a duplicate copy by calling 1-800-433-3243 or if you know your Department of Education PIN number, you may add our school code online to expedite the processing.
- Before USC Upstate can award you financial aid, any aid at your prior school must be cancelled.
- Your financial aid award at USC Upstate will be based on the academic credits that have been accepted and posted as of the day your financial aid award is made. Late transfer credits may result in higher loan eligibility.
Instructions for Students Transferring From USC Upstate
- If you will not be attending the upcoming semester at USC Upstate, the Financial Aid Office needs written notification in order to cancel any aid for the future term.
- If you have received student loans at USC Upstate, you must complete an exit interview either in the financial aid office or by accessing www.nslds.gov.
- If you wish to be considered for financial assistance at your new school, call the Federal Processor at 1-800-433-3243 to request that your new school receive your financial aid information or visit their website at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Contact the financial aid office at the new school to find out what other steps you must take to be considered for aid at their institution.
You must have available at the time you call, the school code for the new school and your "DRN" number from your Student Aid Report (SAR). USC Upstate does not have your "DRN" number. If you do not have your SAR, you may request a duplicate copy by calling 1-800-433-3243 or if you know your Department of Education PIN number, you may add our school code online to expedite the processing.
For more information, contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships:
800 University Way
Health Education Complex, Suite 2081
Spartanburg, SC 29303