Healthy Exercise Habits and Tips
- Make an exercise routine
- Scheduling time for physical activity drastically increases the likeliness of staying active.
- Set attainable goals
- Workout with a friend
- It's easy to convince yourself that you'll start your exercise regimen tomorrow; however, if you set a time to work out with a friend you are more likely to keep and continue that commitment.
- The daily recommended amount of exercise for adults 18 and older is 45-60 minutes.
- ½ endurance (Aerobic): A form of physical activity that is designed to improve stamina and energy requirements to reach fitness goals.
- Examples: Walking, running, stair climbing, cycling, rowing, cross country skiing, swimming, jump roping.
- ½ resistance (Anaerobic): A form of physical activity that is designed to improve muscular fitness by exercising a muscle or a muscle group against external resistance.
- Examples: Weight lifting, sprinting, jumping or any exercise consisting of short exertion, high-intensity movement.
- Weighing before and after an intense workout can indicate how much water weight has been lost.
- For every pound lost consume an extra 16-24 oz of water.
- Supplemental hydration: 4-6 oz every 15-20 minutes after 60 minutes of continuous exercise.
- Recommended Daily Allowance: .8g/kg body weight
- Protein Supplementation and Exercise
- 3500 calories = 1lb
- Although input vs. output is important, it is still recommended that you are conscious of what you are consuming. Practicing moderation increases the likelihood of maintaining a well-balanced diet. Watch this video to understand more about calorie dense foods vs. empty calories.
Exercise Related Health Issues
- Exercise Related Literature