Healthy Relationships aims to provide the campus community with information surrounding relationships and the resources to learn the basics of dating as well as how to prevent/avoid abuse.
Relationships can be classified as:
- Social: Family, friends, student organizations, community organizations
- Intimate: Close friendship, long-term relationship, same-sex relationship, monogamy, marriage, family
- Professional: Employer-employee relationship, student-faculty relationship
Be aware that:
- 1 in 5 women and 1 in 16 men have experienced rape, attempted rape or sexual assault throughout college.
- Less than 1 in 20 cases are reported.
- Females between 16-24 years of age are at the greatest risk of intimate partner violence.
- Approximately 1/3 of college students report physically assaulting a dating partner in the previous 12 months.
- Approximately 90% of victims of sexual assault on college campuses know their attacker.