Registration Information for Continuing Students
Academic Advisement Centers
VIP Login for Priority and Open Registration
Know Your Pin
- Each student has a four-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN). PINs are required to access VIP on the Web.
- PIN numbers cannot be given over the phone.
- If you forget your PIN, you must bring a picture I.D. to the records office to obtain it.
- Have your student number and your Personal Identification Number (PIN) available.
- Appointment times are based on the number of hours earned. Your appointment time is available on the web (http://vip.sc.edu)
- After your appointment time, use the Web to register.
- Continuing students who did not participate in priority registration may register through the Web during open registration. All students must be advised in the department of their major before registering.
Need Help With the Web?
- A staff member in the records office will be glad to introduce you to the use of the Web and help you to obtain your priority registration appointment time or to register for classes.
Drop/Add and Section Changes
- The last day to add a course or make a section change is the fifth day of class.
- After you have completed registration, you may drop, add and make section changes until the fifth day of class. Simply consult with your advisor and go to the Web to make necessary adjustments to your schedule.
- Students adding and dropping beyond the 100% refund period may incur additional fees.
- Beginning the 6th day of the semester, a “W” is recorded for courses dropped.
Payment, Registration and Cancellation
- Students may only attend class if they have registered and paid. Payment is expected on or before the day classes begin.
- Students cancelled for nonpayment of tuition and fees must see the registrar and re-enroll prior to attending class. There is a $60 reinstatement processing fee and a $5 per day late fee.
- Students who do not follow the outlined process may not be allowed to register or receive credit.
Corrections and Changes
- The University reserves the right to cancel classes, change instructors, and/or change class times as necessary to meet all the needs of the institution. The academic schedule is subject to change. Students should refer to the “Academic Schedule” link at www.uscupstate.edu for the most current course offerings.