In an effort to increase awareness, Counseling Services is committed to serving the USC Upstate community by providing the following services:
Educational Workshops: “Programs to Go”
For classes, clubs, organizations and residence halls. You can review or request a workshop online.
On-line Mental Health Screenings
Alcohol, Depression and Eating Disorders. Screenings are free and anonymous with immediate results.
Yoga for Beginners
This weekly class is a fun and relaxing introduction to yoga. The focus is on releasing stress through gentle stretches, deep breathing, and yoga postures which stretch and tone your muscles, and provide quality time for reflection. The class, offered during fall and spring semesters, is at 4:30 on Mondays in CLC 309. It is open to students, faculty, and staff for no charge.
- Rock the Block
- College Majors Fair
- Stress Free Zone/Great American Smoke Out
- Safe Spring Break Carnival
- Mental Health Information Tables
- Exam Study Breakers
New Student & Parent Orientation
USC Upstate offers orientation sessions for freshman and transfer students as well as parents.
Next Step Group
The Next Step Group is now recruiting first and second semester seniors who want support as they consider “life after college.” This group will be facilitated by Sherry McAdams from the Career Center and David Calvin from Counseling Services, and it is scheduled to begin February 17.This group will run for seven weeks, and the focus will be on the following goals:
- Preparation for life after college – building goals that insure a smooth transition
- Creating a community of peer support
- Networking within the broader community
- Building self-confidence through a careful appraisal of one’s strengths and needs
For additional information please contact either David Calvin or Sherry McAdams at 503-5195 or 503-5393.
Contact Counseling Services at (864) 503-5195 to find out more about the Mindfulness Group.
Faculty and Staff Outreach
- Recognizing Students in Emotional Distress Handbook (LINK)
- Consultation: Staff and faculty can consult with counselors regarding students for which they may have a concern. Feedback may also be given through the Incident Report Form.
Follow the upcoming events link to find out what's going on in Counseling Affairs and on campus.