Laura D. Puckett-Boler
Laura Puckett-Boler serves as the vice chancellor for Student Affairs and dean of students at the University of South Carolina Upstate. Her role with division of student affairs at USC Upstate includes oversight of housing and residential life, counseling services, student life, campus recreation, disability services, health services and judicial services. She has been working in student affairs for more than 30 years.
Laura co-chairs the persistence team that plans and implements programs that are essential to student experience and engagement such as AGOGE, Freshman Finale and Sophomore Summit. Her office serves students in crisis and she is the chief judicial officer and chairs the CARE (Campus Assessment, Referral & Evaluation) Team for Upstate. In addition to her administrative duties, Laura annually teaches University 101 Upstate.
- A native Georgian, Laura received her undergraduate degree at Berry College in Georgia and completed her M.Ed. and Ph.D. coursework at the University of South Carolina.
- Before coming to USC Upstate as the director of student activities, Laura worked at Texas Christian University, Fairfield University in Connecticut and the University of South Carolina.
- National Association for Campus Activities
- National Association for Student Personnel Administrators
- South Carolina College Personnel Association
- American College Personnel Association
- Associations for Student Conduct Administration
- Leadership Spartanburg graduate
Service and Awards
- NACA Founders Award
- NACA Board of Directors Chair
- NACA National Convention Chair
- SCCPA Board
- SCCPA Outstanding Professional Award
- NASPA Mid-Managers Institute graduate
- Doc Lindsay Award
- Davis Cup Award
- Upstate Student Affairs Award
- Upstate Athletics Award
- Fairfield University AHANA Administrator Award
- TCU Outstanding New Staff Member Award
- Lions Club, past member
- SCA Athletic Association Board