Sheryl Turner-Watts is the chief financial and operations officer and vice chancellor for finance and administration/Senior Woman Administrator (SWA) for athletics and her responsibilities include all facets of the budget planning process and ensuring the design, implementation and maintenance of systems of control/compliance to ensure the integrity of the financial and fiscal operations.
Areas reporting to the Division of Finance and Administration include the Accounts Payable and Procurement, Bookstore, Budget, Bursar, Dining, Employee Relations/EEO, Facilities Management, Fleet Management, Human Resources, Postal, Risk Management, Special Events and Facilities Planning, Student Employment, Training, and University Police. Prior to joining USC Upstate, she worked as vice president for operations for Advantica Corp. She holds a bachelor’s degree from Wofford College, a Master’s of Human Resource Development from Clemson University, and a MBA and MBA Plus Graduate Certificate in Human Resources from Gardner Webb University.
- B.A. from Wofford College, 1981-1984
- Masters of Human Resource Development, Human Resource Development (MHRD) - Clemson University (1998)
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) - Gardner Webb University
- MBA plus, 18 Graduate Hours in Human Resources - Gardner Webb University
- CMBI College Business Management Institute, 2013
- ATIXA Title IX investigator training, 2012
- Harvard Program on Negotiation Method - Getting to Yes, 2015
- Hope Center for Children, Board Member
- Spartanburg County Community Development Citizens Advisory Committee, board member
- Women’s Advisory Committee
- Upstate Family Resource Center, board member
- Bearden Josey Member Cycling Team, member
- Delta Mu Delta, member
- Director of Strategic Management - The Butcher, The Baker, Inc.
- VP, Operations - Quincy’s Family Steakhouse, Advantica Inc.
- Director, Training and Concept Development, Advantica Inc.
- Project Team Member for Reengineering Project - Operations and HR Teams, Advantica Inc
- Predictive Index
- Developmental Dimensions International