Up. Together—The USC Upstate Strategic Plan 2018–2023 has been created to capitalize on the University’s tremendous positive momentum, forge our path ahead, and achieve even greater heights. It’s built upon three strategic priorities, each of which is supported by actionable objectives and measured by key performance indicators.
At the Plan’s core is a significant truth—we create transformative opportunities.
Pursuant to maintaining and capitalizing on our great momentum, we have developed a University Scorecard. The Scorecard is intended to provide a clear picture of what success looks like year over year for us a university, and inform our actions and work on a quarterly basis.
We create transformative opportunities...
By Providing Rigorous, Career Relevant, and Accessible Education
- Offer innovative, career-relevant academic programs
- Improve student retention toward graduation
- Expand high-impact experiential learning
- Prepare students for successful careers and lives through developing core competencies
- Increase undergraduate and graduate enrollment
By Enhancing the Quality of Life in Upstate South Carolina
- Increase innovative, mutually beneficial community partnerships
- Expand faculty engagement in public scholarship
- Expand opportunities for K–12 students to engage with the institution
- Increase our contribution to the diversity of the marketplace of ideas in the Upstate
- Support economic growth through talent management and industry partnerships
By Being the University of Choice for Faculty and Staff, Students, and the Community
- Increase institutional visibility in the region and beyond
- Cultivate an inclusive campus environment that advances equity, wellness, and civility
- Foster an environment that maximizes employee professional development
- Increase philanthropic support
- Operationalize quality control and continuous improvement