About the University
This page is maintained to connect to historical stories.
Check out or NEW Service Stories Blog for SL/CE Upstates, & more!
For Service News & Stories designed for students (including some written by students themselves), check out SL/CE for Students.
Upstate faculty, staff, and students are doing GREAT things in our community, partnering with a wide variety of organizations, and learning important lessons about their content areas, career readiness, and life in Upstate South Carolina.
Also check out the Student Service Stories page for archived student authored versions their stories.
Service Story Archive:
- Spread Awareness, Not DiseaseSchool of Nursing Virtual Outreach
- Alternative Spring Break - 2020
- Communication as Environmental Advocacy (SPCH 347)
- Translating Holocaust Documents (GERM 311)
- Communication Marketing Plans (MKTG 352)
- Community and Public Health Nursing (NURS 461)
- December Graduates who Serve (December 2019)
- LGBTQ Oral Histories (SOCY 391 / WGST 398)
- Water Ecology Center reaching local schools and monitoring local streams
- Jesse Boyd Elementary School and Addressing Reading and Writing Problems (EDRE 444)
- SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition and Introduction to Women's & Gender Studies (WGST 101)
- Making English documents more available through Spanish Translation (SPAN 311)
- Oakland Elementary School exploring germs with Microbiology (BIO 330)
- [... New stories published here...]