Upstate faculty, staff, and students are doing GREAT things in our community, partnering with a wide variety of organizations, and learning important lessons about their content areas, career readiness, and life in Upstate South Carolina.
Here are just a few of their stories.
Also check out the Student Service Stories page for student authored versions of some of our latest stories!
Service Story Archive:
- School of Nursing Virtual Outreach
- Alternative Spring Break - 2020
- Communication as Environmental Advocacy (SPCH 347)
- Translating Holocaust Documents (GERM 311)
- Communication Marketing Plans (MKTG 352)
- Community and Public Health Nursing (NURS 461)
- December Graduates who Serve (December 2019)
- LGBTQ Oral Histories (SOCY 391 / WGST 398)
- Water Ecology Center reaching local schools and monitoring local streams
- Jesse Boyd Elementary School and Addressing Reading and Writing Problems (EDRE 444)
- SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition and Introduction to Women's & Gender Studies (WGST 101)
- Making English documents more available through Spanish Translation (SPAN 311)
- Oakland Elementary School exploring germs with Microbiology (BIO 330)
- [... More stories coming soon...]