Piedmont Regional Science Fair
2021 marks Piedmont Region III Science Fair's 66th year!
The Piedmont Region III Science Fair will be virtual for 2021
|Access the recorded 2021 Piedmont Region III Science Fair Awards Ceremony|
The winners have been announced! Please click on the links below to view the general award winners and special award winners.
Here is what you need to be aware of:
- The rules and overall format of the posters will remain the same (see 2021 Information Packet) Projects that use human subjects, biological materials, or potentially harmful materials will still need to provide the appropriate paperwork for the SRC (Grades 5 – 12). ISEF created a really nice rules wizard to help students determine what they need to do before they submit their paperwork to Society for Science (SRC) Rules Wizard.
- The project posters will be turned in virtually. I have attached a copy of the PowerPoint Template (Google Slides Link: Science Fair Template. If a student is unable to create a poster using this template, they can create a traditional trifold board and take a clear picture of it.The digital template will be the preferred method. The font on the digital board cannot be any smaller than 24 point (Arial). We are adjusting the registration page to include an attachment option.
- Registration will be from February 22 – 26. All projects must be submitted by 5pm on February 26, 2021.
- High School projects will also submit digital posters. This will allow judges time to review projects before interviews. We will arrange the interviews via Zoom breakout rooms on Tuesday, March 2 beginning at 6pm.
- A pre-recorded awards ceremony will be posted mid-March.
The Piedmont Region III Science Fair is hosted annually by USC Upstate. The main sponsor of the Piedmont Region III Science Fair is the Rotary Club of Spartanburg. This fair is an ISEF-affiliated fair and serves students from grades 1-12 in the South Carolina counties of Chester, Cherokee, Lancaster, Spartanburg, Union, and York.