Piedmont Regional Science Fair
2023 marks Piedmont Region III Science Fair's 68th year!
The Piedmont Region III Science Fair will be in person for 2023!
Any changes to the modality of the 2023 Science Fair will be posted on this website, on our facebook page, and emailed to School Coordinators.
Here is what you need to be aware of:
- The rules and overall format of the posters will remain the same (see 2023 Information Packet) Projects that use human subjects, biological materials, or potentially harmful materials will still need to provide the appropriate paperwork for the SRC (Grades 5 – 12). ISEF created a really nice rules wizard to help students determine what they need to do before they submit their paperwork to Society for Science (SRC) Rules Wizard.
- School Science Fair Coordinators, please use this link to identify if your school will be participating in 2023: Participation
- Registration of partipating schools will be from February 20 – 24. All projects must be submitted by 5pm on February 24, 2023.
Project Drop off on Tuesday, February 28th: Projects can be dropped off from 12pm – 6pm.
6:00pm to 8:00pm – Only High School students should be present for interviews
- Project Pick Up on Thursday, March 2nd: Projects can be picked up from 9am – 7pm.
- Awards Ceremony: March 18th - 10am location TBA
The Piedmont Region III Science Fair is hosted annually by USC Upstate. The main sponsor of the Piedmont Region III Science Fair is the Rotary Club of Spartanburg. This fair is an ISEF-affiliated fair and serves students from grades 1-12 in the South Carolina counties of Chester, Cherokee, Lancaster, Spartanburg, Union, and York.
Information from previous Regional Science Fairs:
The 2022 winners have been announced! Please click on the links below to view the general award winners and special award winners.
2021 Virtual Awards Ceremony:
|Access the recorded 2021 Piedmont Region III Science Fair Awards Ceremony|