Piedmont Regional Science Fair
2024 marks Piedmont Region III Science Fair's 70th year!
Any changes to the modality of the 2024 Science Fair will be posted on this website, on our facebook page, and emailed to School Coordinators.
Here is what you need to be aware of:
- The rules and overall format of the posters will remain the same (2024 Packet coming soon) Projects that use human subjects, biological materials, or potentially harmful materials will still need to provide the appropriate paperwork for the SRC (Grades 5 – 12). ISEF created a really nice rules wizard to help students determine what they need to do before they submit their paperwork to Society for Science (SRC) Rules Wizard.
- School Science Fair Coordinators, please use this link to identify if your school will be participating in 2024: Participation
- Registration of partipating schools will be from March 1st - 8th. All projects must be submitted by 5pm on March 8th, 2024.
Project Drop off on Tuesday, March 11th: Projects can be dropped off from 12pm – 6pm.
6:00pm to 8:00pm – Only High School students should be present for interviews
- Project Pick Up on Thursday, March 13th: Projects can be picked up from 9am – 7pm.
- Awards Ceremony: TBA location URC Greatroom (Same room as projects were displayed)
The Piedmont Region III Science Fair is hosted annually by USC Upstate. The main sponsor of the Piedmont Region III Science Fair is the Rotary Club of Spartanburg. This fair is an ISEF-affiliated fair and serves students from grades 1-12 in the South Carolina counties of Chester, Cherokee, Lancaster, Spartanburg, Union, and York.
Information from previous Regional Science Fairs:
The 2023 winners have been announced! Please click on the links below to view the general award winners and special award winners.
2021 Virtual Awards Ceremony:
|Access the recorded 2021 Piedmont Region III Science Fair Awards Ceremony|