Instructor of English
Director of the Writing Center
In the NEWS
MFA in Creative Writing, University of Central Florida, 2008
BA in English, University of Florida, 2005
Area of Specialty
Short fiction, with particular interest in the short-short and flash fiction forms
- "Audacious." Best American Mystery Stories 2011, Houghton Mifflin, 2011. *Also published in Sewanee Review Summer 2010. **Read this article about Brock's forthcoming work.
- Gulf. Pocol Press, 2010.**Also translated into Italian as Cose Che Puoi Fare Con Un Barattolo di Zuppa Campbell, Round Robin, 2010.
- "Burn." Acapella Zoo, forthcoming Summer 2009.
- "Things You Can Do With a Can of Campbell's Soup." Barrelhouse, September 2008.
- "People I'll Never See Again." The Scruffy Dog Review, Summer 2008.
- "Blue Morning Dark." Cafe Irreal, Summer 2008.
- "Gulf." Eureka Literary Magazine, Spring 2007.
- "Holiday." Muscadine Lines: A Southern Journal, forthcoming in 2009.
- Winner, 13th Annual Hub City Creative Writing Prize for Fiction
- Second Prize, Playboy's College Fiction Contest 2008 for "Audacious"