College of Arts and Sciences
Welcome to the College of Arts and Sciences! If you are interested in the liberal arts, humanities, social sciences or natural sciences, you’ve come to the right place!
As the largest unit on campus, the College of Arts and Sciences forms the academic core of your experience at USC Upstate. We are a community of teachers and scholars. We provide high-quality undergraduate programs and experiential learning opportunities, excellent research projects and creative activities, and significant outreach and service initiatives. Through these efforts, faculty members and students explore complex issues, increase knowledge, enhance artistic expression, discover more about themselves and the human condition, and to contribute meaningfully to our region, state and world.
College of Arts and Sciences activities are conducted in accord with our values:
- Integrity: At all times.
- Diversity: Inclusion of everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin,religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Community: Of scholars, artists, teachers, and citizens who are part of a local, national,and global society.
- Compassion: Toward everyone.
- Excellence: In teaching, research and creative activities, and service and outreach.
- Creativity: Creative and innovative approaches to teaching, scholarship, artistic expression, and resolving community challenges.
- Collaboration: With colleagues, students, organizations, institutions, and other citizens inside and outside the University.