Minor in Child Advocacy Studies
The Child Advocacy Studies (CAST) minor is an interdisciplinary minor that provides comprehensive training to students who plan to work in a variety of areas serving children. The goal is to provide more comprehensive undergraduate training in the following:
- Understand healthy child development
- Understand factors that lead to child maltreatment
- Understand the responses to maltreatment, to work more effectively within various systems and institutions that respond to these incidents.
- Recognize child abuse and make high quality child abuse reports
- Receive training in best practices with victims
Minor in Child Advocacy Studies degree requirements can be found on page 107 of the in the 2018-2019 Academic Calendar below.