(Teachers Educating All Children)
Dr. Tina Herzberg
Dr. Laura Hooks
Dr. Lori Tanner
Mrs. Debbie Whittingham
What is TEACh? Any USC Upstate student is welcome to come be a part of TEACh (Teachers Educating All Children) student organization. There is no cost to join! The TEACh organization aims to help students get out in the classroom now, gain valuable experience and knowledge for the future, and network with people who can help them when they begin their careers in education.
TEACh meets 3 times each semester to learn and discuss relevant topics in education, hear and engage with experienced guest speakers, and plan service activities for schools and classes in our community. In addition to attending the whole-group meetings, TEACh members participate in at least 5 hours of service in any area of education throughout the school year. Many TEACh members assist in area schools and with TEACh-sponsored events such as the USC Upstate Scholastic Book Fair, Canned Food Drive, and Praxis I review sessions.
- President: Hope Bennett
- Vice President: Kylie McKinney
- Treasurer: Cassie Sarmiento
- Secretary: Meagan Hill
- Publicity Committee: Londyn Bridges (Chair), Caitlin Plumley
- Fundraising Committee: Carol Anne McAbee (Chair)
Members in Good Standing for TEACh and USC Upstate ASCD:
- Attend three TEACh/ASCD meetings each year. Junior Teaching Fellows are required to assume leadership roles in the USC Upstate ASCD organization.
- Complete five service hours per year. Junior Teaching Fellows are required to complete ten service hours per year.
- Communicate completion of service hours to the vice president, who will report to Dr. Herzberg.