Advisement and Career Enrichment Services (ACES)
Located on the first floor of the George, the Advisement and Career Enrichment Services (ACES) Center provides academic advisement and a host of services designed to develop undergraduate business students into career-ready graduates eager to apply their knowledge, professionalism, leadership, and experience. All business students with a zest for knowledge and the desire to apply their talents to the local and global economies receive services from a team of highly qualified advising and career services experts from the start of their very first semester through graduation. Services include:
- Internships - Internships often lead to job offers and are facilitated by coordinated efforts of faculty and ACES. The JCBE maintains excellent employer-relationships with organizations across the upstate who seek to hire students for internships for project-based work. ACES staff plays an integral role in coordinating internships through for-credit enrollment in BADM 499.
- Firms: Draexlmaier, Denny’s Corporate, BMW, American Credit Acceptance, OTO Development, Johnson Development, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Milliken, Dixon Hughes Goodman, The Chapman Cultural Center, Spartanburg Chamber of Commerce, Hubbell Lighting, Crawford Strategy, Penske Trucking, ScanSource, Enterprise Holdings, Fastenal, LEL International, Waffle House, and TD Bank.
- For-academic-credit opportunities
- Jesse Bridges Investment Society
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program
- Business Internship
- Professionalism Series - Students are encouraged to utilize a variety of presentations, informational sessions, and workshops including resume and cover letter writing, career and internship fairs, mock-interview preparation, networking, dining etiquette, professional dress, and more.
- Leadership Development - The JCBE has partnered with the BB&T Leadership Institute to offer the BB&T Emerging Leaders Certification. Premised upon the belief that “beliefs drive behaviors - which in turn produce results” the certification is offered to students each semester. During two half-day workshops facilitated by BB&T certified trainers and JCBE staff, the program provides students with the tools and strategies to build upon and improve their leadership styles. Students participating in the program are nominated by faculty.