Master of Science in Business Analytics
Operations research. Statistics. Database management. Programming. Ethics. Leadership.
Business Analytics is an extraordinary pathway to a challenging career where you can make an immediate impact. From aerospace and pharmaceuticals to music and sports, the need for analytics professionals is continually growing.
With an M.S. in Business Analytics from USC Upstate, you'll use research-proven theories, tools, and techniques to convert abstract data into actionable insights for key decision-makers.
Complete your degree in one year as a full-time student or attend part-time and finish at your own pace. Applications are accepted fall, spring, and summer. Build your career at USC Upstate.
Zillow’s mission is “to give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter.” Reflecting on your next chapter, what are your career aspirations in analytics?
Zillow Graduate Fellow
Why Study Business Analytics?
Businesses thrive on data. Getting strategic analyses into the right hands at the right time can mean the difference between profit and loss. The Business Analytics program at the George Dean Johnson Jr. College of Business & Economics is a rigorous, interdisciplinary master’s program that requires problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
|The median annual salary for business analytics managers with a master’s degree is $113,450 - $121,084.||The gap between hiring demand and qualified applicants is estimated to be 100,000 jobs each year.|
Cutting-edge curriculum. Countless career opportunities.
Our graduates land positions at impactful organizations, such as:
Bisimwa Augustin Mutabesha
Immerse yourself in analytics
Learning by doing – experiential learning – is integral to our curriculum. You’ll complete your degree with a capstone course working on a real-world project.
Interact with managers and senior leaders from global companies. Work hands-on to complete projects in the classroom and the board room.
Expert Faculty Focused on Your Future.
We were the first Master of Business Analytics program in South Carolina – and you won’t find a more experienced team of experts anywhere else.
Take a closer look
- Introduction to Business Analytics and Visualization
- Programming for Analytics
- Database Design, Management, and Mining
- Predictive Analytics
- Prescriptive Analytics
- Business Process and Supply Chain Analytics
- Capstone: Applied Learning
Your Business Analytics coursework will prepare you for optional professional certifications, including SAS professional-level credential exams, SAP, Tableau, and Power-BI.
If you have an undergraduate degree in accounting, be sure to take a look at our Accounting Analytics track. In additional to getting your master's degree, you'll accumulate the additional credits you need to earn a South Carolina CPA license. Learn more about the Accounting Analytics Track
What You'll Need to Succeed
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Understand how analytics can improve managerial decision-making at all levels of an organization.
- Understand the three areas of data analytics: descriptive (data mining and data visualization), prescriptive (optimization and simulation), and predictive (forecasting and regression analysis).
- Gain practical experience using the popular analytics software tools and languages used in industry such as SAS Enterprise Miner, SAP, Tableau, R, Python, SQL and other technologies.
- Design creative data analytics solutions to complex business problems and effectively communicate the analysis and findings to leadership.
In addition to completing your USC Upstate Application, you'll need:
- Official transcripts showing all post-secondary course work attempted and the award of the baccalaureate or higher degree by an accredited college or university.
- Your official test scores of either the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the GMAT or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) to USC Upstate Admissions.
- A personal statement of 1-2 pages regarding your academic background, career interests, and reason for pursuing this degree program.
- Admissions and Financial Aid for International Students
- I20 Form
- Declaration of Finances
For questions about the program, please email email@example.com.
For questions about your application status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master of Business Analytics Program
College of Business and Economics
160 East St. John Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306