Home Academics George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics Faculty Resources
Programs, Materials, and Support
- USC Upstate Faculty Manual: The Faculty Manual is the core document governing faculty employment at USC Upstate. It embodies the essential elements of the employment relationship between the faculty and the university.
- Faculty Toolkit: The Faculty Toolkit provides a collection of links and resources for all aspects of faculty life.
- Faculty Mentoring Program: The purpose of the mentoring program is to help new faculty members – both tenure-track and instructors - adjust to their new environment
- Faculty Review: Faculty members participate in annual administrative reviews. Tenure-track and tenured faculty members undergo periodic peer reviews as part of the promotion, tenure, and post-tenure review processes.
- Promotion and Tenure Information and Forms: The Promotion and Tenure Committee recommends to the faculty criteria for promotion and tenure and sets procedures for the implementation of promotion and tenure policies, subject to approval by the faculty.
- Promotion and Tenure Review: Calendar, File Guidelines, and Procedure: This document functions as a guide to reviews for Promotion and Tenure.
- Johnson College of Business and Economics: Evaluation of Faculty Performance
- Teaching and Productive Scholarship Grants (TAPS): The purpose of the USC Upstate Teaching and Productive Scholarship (TAPS) Fund is to promote faculty excellence in teaching, research, and service. Specifically, TAPS grants support faculty projects that improve pedagogy and further traditional and innovating research, scholarship, and creativity.
- Sponsored Awards: Sponsored Awards provides resources and administrative support that principal investigators and future principal investigators need to advance their research and scholarship and to build the University’s reputation.
- Research Support: Services provided by Research Support include funding opportunities and other resources that support research, scholarly, and creative work of USC Upstate faculty, undergraduate and graduate students.
- Center for Academic Innovation and Faculty Support: Coordinates the University's initiatives in active learning, learning technologies, inclusive pedagogy, distance education and hybrid learning, service learning, and community engagement.
- Keep On Teaching: An academic continuity plan for prolonged university or building closures.
- Keep Teaching: Academic Continuity Plan: Options to continue coursework if meeting with students face-to-face is not possible.
- Academic Advisement at the George: Advisement structure and processes in the College of Business.
- The Advising Handbook: A reference guide to the advising process and links to advising resources.
- A Checklist for Advising
- Financial Aid Cheat Sheet: 10 Things Academic Advisors Need to Know about Financial Aid.
- Advisement Holds: An explanation of the various account holds a student may have in the Banner system.
Service Learning and Community Engagement
- Service Learning Resources: Service-Learning at USC Upstate is defined as teaching and learning that blends service with credit-bearing courses, derives from a need in the community, defined by a community partner, founded on disciplinary content, and incorporating deep reflection.
- Blackboard System: Blackboard is the University's course management system. Blackboard’s functions span online teaching and learning, student engagement, and other online services.
- DegreeWorks: DegreeWorks is the University's electronic degree auditing system. It is a web-based reporting system which directly audits the student's electronic transcript in realtime providing a running assessment of the student's academic work as it applies to his/her degree(s).
- HelpDesk: The USC Upstate HelpDesk (Phone: 503-5257, Email: The HelpDesk)
- SedonaWeb: SEDONA is a self-service web database application that JCBE faculty maintain their teaching, research, service, experience, development, and credentials information. Faculty information should be updated at the end of each major semester.
- Self-Service Carolina: Access to student academic information, course schedules, faculty teaching schedules, grade entry, and advisement information.
- Starfish: Starfish is a suite of student learning support tools to help students succeed and graduate. Starfish offers USC Upstate faculty, staff, and undergraduate and graduate students access to a robust student success system that can flag students at risk, pinpoint areas of concern, and connect students with valuable services and early interventions.
- YuJa Enterprise Media Platform: Cloud-based application that enables instructors to record lectures, using either laptop or mobile video capture, and share them with their students almost instantly.