Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, on-site services in the USC Upstate Library are presently suspended.
The physical library remains open (8:30 AM to 5:00 PM – Monday – Friday) for student study with plenty of space for distancing.
All of the library's online services and resources are available to you including our 24/7 "Ask a Librarian" service and e-book checkout.
If you have checked out books from the Upstate Library, PASCAL Delivers, or Interlibrary Loan Department, you will not be charged overdue fees during this crisis.
Although PASCAL Delivers and orders for physical materials on Interlibrary Loan are suspended, requests for digital materials will still be processed but delays or cancelations are possible.
You are also welcome to contact individual librarians by email.
About the Library:
The USC Upstate Library promotes the mission of the university by serving the curricular information needs of USC Upstate students, faculty and staff, and where possible, the educational needs of the broader community. The Library anticipates and strives to use innovations in education and technology, and responds to the evolving curriculum. The efforts of every member of the Library staff are committed to the ultimate objective of providing the highest possible quality of service.
To these ends, the library selects, acquires, processes, organizes and maintains Library materials appropriate to the academic and cultural interests in the USC Upstate community. The Library facilitates access to information and materials through the provision of a wide variety of services. The Library provides an environment conducive to learning by providing study and reading facilities. The Library teaches students to find information independently so that they may better perform their tasks as well-informed members of society.
With more than 60,000 square feet, the USC Upstate Library more than 240,000 print volumes and provides access to additional resources through databases and Full Text Finder as well as the PASCAL Delivers and Interlibrary Loan Services.
- Meet the information needs of the University community by providing timely access to information both through our collection and through access to other Library collections.
- Teach all USC Upstate students to be effective users of information, including locating, evaluating and using information and library materials independently.
- Make the fullest possible use of available technologies to enhance access to the collection, remote sources of information, and improve the efficiency of the Library's operation.
- Work with the University administration, faculty and students to ensure that the Library's services and collections are known and utilized.
- Provide information and services in support of the overall mission of the University.