The library is more than a place for research, quiet and resources. It's a place students go to grow and learn. It's a place where answers are found and problems are solved.
The USC Upstate Library is available to students throughout the day and night. The library is open Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 2 a.m.; Fridays from 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Sundays from 2 p.m. - 2 a.m. Holiday, interim and summer hours vary. Even when the library's physical location is closed, a wide range of online resources, including Ask A Librarian, are available to students, faculty and staff members. Resources include:
The USC Upstate Library promotes the mission of the university by serving the curricular information needs of USC Upstate students, faculty and staff, and where possible, the educational needs of the broader community. The Library anticipates and strives to use innovations in education and technology, and responds to the evolving curriculum. The efforts of every member of the Library staff are committed to the ultimate objective of providing the highest possible quality of service.
To these ends, the library selects, acquires, processes, organizes and maintains Library materials appropriate to the academic and cultural interests in the USC Upstate community. The Library facilitates access to information and materials through the provision of a wide variety of services. The Library provides an environment conducive to learning by providing study and reading facilities. The Library teaches students to find information independently so that they may better perform their tasks as well-informed members of society.
With more than 60,000 square feet, the USC Upstate Library more than 240,000 print volumes and provides access to additional resources through databases and Full Text Finder as well as the PASCAL Delivers and Interlibrary Loan Services.
- Meet the information needs of the University community by providing timely access to information both through our collection and through access to other Library collections.
- Teach all USC Upstate students to be effective users of information, including locating, evaluating and using information and library materials independently.
- Make the fullest possible use of available technologies to enhance access to the collection, remote sources of information, and improve the efficiency of the Library's operation.
- Work with the University administration, faculty and students to ensure that the Library's services and collections are known and utilized.
- Provide information and services in support of the overall mission of the University.