Curriculum and Student Learning Outcomes
Course Sequence Outline
Curriculum for the Doctor of Nurse Practice (DNP)
Total Credits: 37 credit hours
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the graduate program the student will:
- Design clinical prevention and population health interventions through the application, translation, and implementation of evidenced based practice into clinical decision-making in the planning and delivery of care across the health care continuum.
- Translate scientific underpinnings into practice while influencing health care policy for advocacy in health care and instilling ethical comportment, professionalism, and health equity in nursing practice.
- Demonstrate organizational and systems leadership in addressing complex health problems while using information systems and patient care technology for the transformation of healthcare.
- Demonstrate expertise in advanced nursing practice addressing contributors and barriers to global and cultural inequities, disparities, and accessibility of quality and safe healthcare.
- Collaborate inter-professionally to improve patient and population health outcomes.