The Mary Black School of Nursing is one of the Southeast's leading schools of nursing in a metropolitan university. Students, graduates and faculty will be recognized at local, state, national, and international levels as having a positive effect on the health of diverse individuals, families, and communities of Upstate South Carolina through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service.
Effective Spring 2018, online students in the Palmetto College RS-BSN program will be charged in-state tuition no matter where they reside - $5,082 per semester for full-time students and $423.50 per credit hour for part-time students.
The University of South Carolina Upstate’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is approved by the South Carolina Board of Nursing and accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE - ccneaccreditation.org). If you would like to submit a third-party comment, please submit to email@example.com. Or, if you prefer, mail comments to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Attn: Third-Party Comments
655 K Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
1. Use the nursing process to manage the care of clients with acute and chronic health alterations to maximize quality of life and optimize their levels of function to assist with end-of-life care.
1.1 Apply critical reasoning in nursing judgment and ethical decision-making, using a broad knowledge base, to make evidence-based decisions grounded in standards of nursing practice.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking in making clinical judgements
2.1 Demonstrate effective communication using various modalities and technologies to provide caring, competent, and holistic nursing care to diverse populations across the lifespan.
3. Integrate complex verbal, nonverbal, written communication skills and information technology into professional nursing practice.
3.1 Practice competent nursing care that is evidence-based, safe, holistic, and therapeutic to individuals, families, and communities in a variety of clinical settings.
4. Demonstrate the behaviors of a professional role model in all modalities of nursing.
4.1 Operate as a professional role model and assumes responsibility and accountability for personal and professional behaviors, ethical practice, and client advocacy.
The Mary Black School of Nursing provides innovative and high-quality nursing education to Upstate South Carolina and beyond. We strive for excellence in teaching, service, and scholarship, embrace diversity and inclusion, and establish meaningful partnerships needed to graduate nursing students of choice who are prepared to serve as leaders and change agents in promoting health within the community.
The Mary Black School of Nursing will:
- Support Student Success
- Design High-Quality Academic Programs
- Support the development, recruitment, and retention of diverse qualified faculty
- Cultivate an inclusive environment of equity and civility
- Expand visibility and partnerships