All applicants must meet and/or furnish the following criteria:
- Application, application fee, residency form with all requested information and supporting documents.
- Transcripts: Individuals seeking admission must provide official transcripts showing all post-secondary coursework attempted and the award of the BSN degree by an accredited college or university. Official transcripts verifying all previous college-level course work are required for the University's records. To be considered official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to USC Upstate or delivered in a sealed envelope bearing a registrar's stamp.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation are required. Recommendations should be from professionals knowledgeable about the applicant's academic and nursing leadership potential.
- Validation of current RN license.
- Current CV or resume.
- Completion of agency requirements needed for clinical practice.
- Personal statement: Applicants are required to submit a 1-2 page personal statement that describes career goals and how this degree will be utilized as a practicing CNL.
- The GRE is not required.
After admission has been granted, an online orientation course will need to be completed before admission is final. After final acceptance to the program, the student will also need to comply with clinical agency requirements for CPR certification, HIPPA and OSHA certification, background checks and drug testing.
All documentation (including transcripts) should be mailed to the following address:
USC Upstate - Mary Black School of Nursing
Health Education Complex, #3049
800 University Way
Spartanburg, SC 29303