New Students - RN-BSN
Welcome to the Mary Black School of Nursing!
If you have been accepted to the RN-BSN program for an upcoming term, then this is where you will find all of the details that you need to get prepared for your enrollment.
Accepted - You have been accepted to the program pending any remaining final transcripts, your completed Criminal Background Check and your unencumbered nursing license.
- Current students will meet with Trish Wade, RN-BSN Advisor, for first semester registration. You will be assigned a faculty advisor for all future advisement sessions.
- How to Enroll in Classes in Self-Service Carolina
- Order textbooks—the listing of books/ISBN numbers is available through our University Bookstore website. https://www.upstatebookstore.com/
- You may purchase or rent textbooks through any vendor such as Amazon
- Claim Your VIP ID. This will allow you to log into the Self Service Carolina. Detailed instructions can be found in your Welcome Packet or on our website, https://www.uscupstate.edu/myuscupstate .
- Submit citizenship verification information.
- SC Residents Only complete residency information: (https://my.sc.edu/)
- Get connected to your accounts and services through the Division of Information Technology (IT). This includes setting up your email, Self Service Carolina, and BlackBoard.
- How to Find Your Advisor in Self-Service Carolina
Once an advisor has been assigned to you their name and an email link will be in your Student Profile in SSC.
- Click the Student Button
- Click the Student Profile Menu
- Attend RN-BSN Virtual Orientation—while not mandatory, it is highly recommended. Below is the orientation video for our students who started the program Fall 2020 for those who would like to watch. https://youtu.be/KyEWId-68So
- Two weeks before classes begin, check your Blackboard for the “BOOT CAMP” that Dr. Kennedy posted for you. This is not mandatory; but, it contains two assignments that will count towards your NURS U350 class. This Boot Camp provides you with resources for your academic success and how to navigate Blackboard.
- Refer to the USC Upstate financial aid information on the website for details about applying for or transferring financial aid to USC Upstate. Our federal school code is 006951. Use this code to submit your FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov
- You may setup a payment plan with 25% down through my.sc.edu Many of you prefer to make payments each semester instead of paying tuition in-full. If your financial aid is not yet in place, paying 25% down will allow you time to get that step in order.
- Pay tuition and fees at (https://my.sc.edu/)
- Once you register, write down or take a screen shot of your classes—if for any reason they are dropped or disappear, you simply need to reregister for those same classes/sections
- All the links that you will ever need for your time at USC Upstate can be found at: https://www.uscupstate.edu/current-students/
- Keep your eyes open for Trish Wade’s reminders and updates throughout the Academic Year in: Blackboard Announcements
- Great tips and information for online students can be found at: https://www.uscupstate.edu/academics/upstate-online/student-resources/
- The best internet browser for your USC Upstate apps is Google Chrome
- Interested in continuing with your graduate studies with USC Upstate?? We now offer three MSN degrees and you can get a head start by substituting two Master’s level classes in place of your NURS U420 electives in your last semester.
- Check your Upstate email DAILY
Chan Samreth '18
I am excited to be a part of the University of South Carolina Upstate/Palmetto College RN to BSN degree program. It offers me a quality education at an affordable price that fits into my busy schedule. The professional and caring staff makes the transition smooth, and they are eager for their students to succeed.
Rachel is a graduate of Greenville Technical College with an associate degree in nursing and soon her BSN with USC Upstate this December 2020. Rachel also belongs to the Phi Theta Kappa honor society of the Alpha Zeta Sigma Chapter and she graduated with a 4.0 G.P.A. Rachel is a registered nurse in the Gastrointestinal (GI) Lab at Prisma Health Upstate where she has been employed for 22 years. She is a charge nurse as well as a staff nurse in the GI Lab. Rachel believes that nursing is not just a profession, it is her calling and ministry. It is her desire to heal the body and the soul of her patients.
I am Nadia and I was born in the beautiful country of Guyana, located on the east coast of South America. I moved to New York with my family when I was fifteen years old. I attended nursing school while I worked as a Patient Care Technician. I earned my Nursing degree from Ellis Hospital School of Nursing in New York. I was supposed to start my BSN right after I graduated nursing school; instead, I got married to an amazing man and birthed two children who are now eleven and thirteen years old. My clinical specialties are medical-surgical nursing, post-acute care, and geriatrics. I am returning to school because I want to expand my potential as a Professional Nurse with higher education and application of that knowledge to enhance my practice and to provide evidenced-based, quality of care to my patients and families. I believe that the BSN track will empower me to be more confident and knowledgeable to be a great caregiver, communicator, educator, and leader.
Interested in continuing with your graduate studies with USC Upstate? We now offer three MSN degrees and you can get a head start by substituting two Master's level classes in place of your NURS U420 electives in your last semester, saving you time and funds.
Click HERE to see your MSN options.
Students should consult the current Academic Calendar for all important dates.
Classes begin five times throughout the year—see curriculum outlines
- Help Desk - (864) 503-5257, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid - (864) 503-5340, email@example.com
- RN-BSN Advisor, Trish Wade - (864) 552-4262, firstname.lastname@example.org
- V.A. Contact - Robin Hollis - (864) 503-5273, email@example.com