The RN-BSN Program is offered to registered nurses who are graduates of an ACEN (formerly NLN) accredited associate degree or diploma program in nursing and leads to the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
Applications to the RN-BSN Completion Track may be submitted for the spring, summer and fall semesters. Applications must include the following:
- Documentation of admission to the University of South Carolina Upstate. (Official transcripts are required for admission to USC Upstate.)
- A completed application to the Mary Black School of Nursing and completed criminal background check (see link on application).
- A copy of all college transcripts that demonstrate completion of 61 credit hours of the courses below.
SC Technical College Equivalents/RN-BSN
Course Name Course Number Credit Hours English Composition ENGL 101 3 English Literature ENGL 102 3 Public Speaking SPCH 201 3 Intro to Psychology PSYC 101 3 Developmental Psychology PSYC 302 3 Anatomy BIOL 243/243L 4 Physiology BIOL 244/244L 4 Principles of Microbiology BIOL 250 /250L 4 Chemistry of Living Things CHEM 109/109L 4 History HIST 101, HIST 102, HIST 105, HIST 106 3 Intro to Computer Science CSCI 138 3 Mathematics (College Algebra) MATH 120 or MATH 121 3 Statistics MATH 102 3 Fine Arts Art , Music or Theatre elective 3 Foreign Culture Foreign Language, Art, Anthropology, Government, International Studies, English, Geography, History, Religion 3 Elective Recommended: Nutrition, American Government, Intro to Sociology, Logic or Information Literacy 3 Elective 3 Elective 3 Elective 3
- A copy of transcript from an ACEN (formerly NLN) accredited associate degree nursing program or an accredited diploma program that demonstrates completion of the equivalent of 35 credit hours of nursing.
- Some general education and supporting courses may be exempted by successful completion of Advanced Placement tests in high school, CLEP tests, DANTES or challenge examinations prepared at USC Upstate (See the USC Upstate catalog). Every effort will be made to give RN students credit for all applicable college courses they have completed in the past.
- All applicants must have an active, clear, unrestricted nursing license within the United States.
Contact Us for More Information
Trish Wade, MBA
225 S. Pleasantburg Drive
Greenville, SC 29607