Welcome to the Simulation Center for Teaching Excellence
The Simulation Center for Teaching Excellence helps students in nursing programs at USC Upstate meet the goals and objectives toward earning the Bachelor of Science degree. Through the use of state-of-the-art technology, the Simulation Center creates an innovative learning environment that enriches the nursing and patient care training experience for students, faculty, and practicing nurses in the community.
Our objectives include:
- Providing students with the highest level of instruction;
- Grounding students and faculty in the latest research and best practices in the profession of nursing;
- Improving the health status of the local population by providing leadership and resources to develop and retain a diverse and culturally competent workforce;
- Encouraging collaborative partnerships between USC Upstate and the surrounding community; and
- Providing consultative services to a variety of consumers, students, faculty, and the community.
The Simulation Center utilizes clinical case scenarios, faculty guidance, and technological resources to facilitate clinical critical thinking and decision making. High fidelity patient simulators that offer web-based video recordings of clinical case scenarios are the cornerstone of our technology resources.