Careers After Class
When: Wednesday, February 27th from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Spartanburg Marriott
In partnership with College Town, Careers After Class is an event to connect students with Spartanburg area employers. The event will feature casual networking and live pitches from employers seeking talent. Refreshments and mocktails will be offered to create the environment of a true Business After Hours event for college students.
Students and alumni, please visit Career Services prior to an event. It is so important to plan before you attend an event. You want to impress the recruiters and show them why they need to hire USC Upstate students and alumni.
Prepare, Prepare, Prepare!
- Update your resume and bring several copies with you
- Determine your objectives for attending
- Review the companies attending the fair and position descriptions
- Visit company web sites to review mission statements, annual reports, and products or services
- Develop and refine networking skills
- Develop your “30 Second Message”
- Dress for Success-Business Attire is required, if you need assistance visit the Career Closet
A 30 second message includes:
- Relevant background information: education and experience
- Summary of your career interests and skills
- A question or request for assistance