Mission, Vision, and Goals
The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning supports faculty efforts to improve student learning and encourages interdisciplinary collaboration in the development of innovative practices of teaching and learning. The Center collaborates with existing administrative and academic units to help new and continuing faculty develop valuable pedagogical strategies as well as provide guidance in producing and assessing effective classroom activities. The Center contributes to the University mission to provide exemplary education, recognize cultural diversity and serve the metropolitan region of the Upstate.
The CETL will foster, promote and enhance excellence in teaching by providing leadership, resources and opportunities for dialogue and collaboration among faculty.
- to promote excellence in teaching and learning as an institutional priority
- to support and foster the scholarship of teaching
- to identify and share best practices in teaching across disciplines
- to increase support for programs that promote teaching excellence
- to seek external funding to support excellence in teaching and learning at USC Upstate
- to identify and provide resources for 21st century teaching and learning