Congrats! You’ve made a great impression on an organization and are now ready to meet with them to learn more about a specific position. If you ace this test, you’ll be well on your way to getting an offer.
Interviewing 101 – if you don’t remember anything else, remember this:
- Research the organization beforehand.
- Prepare several thoughtful questions. (example: tell me about your ideal candidate)
- Practice any necessary technology beforehand OR make sure you know exactly where you’re going for an in-person interview.
- Arrive or log on 5-10 minutes early.
- Dress professionally. Need free professional attire? Check out our Career Closet.
- Nail your intro! (Smile, good handshake, or wave if online, and have a good elevator pitch ready)
- Know your accomplishments and how to communicate them – the STAR method can help.
- Send thank you notes to your interviewers - email is ok, but handwritten is much better.
Practice Career Managements Top 10 Interview Questions with Big Interview!
Let’s make sure you’re ready to ace your interview(s). Practice makes perfect, and it’s much easier when there isn’t anything at stake.
Follow the steps below to practice interviewing:
- Open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and use your Upstate email address and password to register for/log in to Big Interview.
- Under “assignments” enter the code “f9f53a”.
- Submit answers to our 10 interview questions (wearing interview attire is encouraged). Review our tips as needed.
- We’ll review your answers and provide feedback as soon as possible.
Suggestion: For best results, have a specific opportunity (like a communications internship with BMW) or type of opportunity (entry level nursing position or medical school acceptance) in mind. To identify such example opportunity(s) use a job board like Handshake, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
To see common questions employers ask, good questions for students to ask, attire advice, sample thank you notes and more, check out our interviewing resources.