Congrats! You’ve made a great impression on an organization and are now ready to meet with them to learn more about a specific position. If you ace this test, you’ll be well on your way to getting an offer.
Interviewing 101 – if you don’t remember anything else, remember this:
- Research the organization beforehand.
- Prepare several thoughtful questions. (example: tell me about your ideal candidate)
- Practice any necessary technology beforehand OR make sure you know exactly where you’re going for an in-person interview.
- Arrive or log on 5-10 minutes early.
- Dress professionally. Need free professional attire? Check out our Career Closet.
- Nail your intro! (Smile, good handshake, or wave if online, and have a good elevator pitch ready)
- Know your accomplishments and how to communicate them – the STAR method can help.
- Send thank you notes to your interviewers - email is ok, but handwritten is much better.
Big Interview – Free Interviewing Education & Practice:
When preparing for a job interview, it's not enough to only read advice - you need to put that advice into practice! That's why Big Interview isn't just a training course. You'll also get hands-on practice with mock interviews tailored to your specific industry, job and experience level. Learn more about Big Interview and register with your USC Upstate email address.
To see common questions employers ask, good questions for students to ask, attire advice, sample thank you notes and more, check out our interviewing resources.