How to Job Search
- Clean up your social media and start your professional brand.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter.
- Search and Apply
- Know someone with an organization of interest? Ask if they can give you contact info for one of their recruiters or share your resume with the appropriate department.
- Don’t have a friend? Make one! Participate in Career Development Events, relevant industry organizations, and/or informational interviews.
- Use job search platforms (below) to search and apply. Suggestion: Set up job alerts so you’re emailed when a position matching your major or area of interest is posted.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you’re searching for, and we’ll be on the lookout for you!
- Ace the Interview
- Evaluate offers and decide.
Job Boards to Watch:
Note: Looking in the “Careers” section of major employers can be a great idea.
Note: Looking for an On-Campus Job? Search Here.