Three Plus One Program
USC Upstate awards the Bachelor of Arts or the Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies (IDS) to a student who has satisfactorily completed at least 90 semester hours of undergraduate work and one year (30 semester hours) of work in an approved accredited professional school, provided the applicant has:
- Made application to the interdisciplinary studies program at USC Upstate;
- Satisfied all general education and Bachelors of Interdisciplinary Studies requirements with a minimum grade met;
- Completed a minimum of 42 semester hours of junior- and senior-level courses;
- Completed at least 30 semester hours of courses in the IDS program;
- Submitted a notice of intent, approved by the dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, prior to leaving USC Upstate to enter the professional, postgraduate school; and
- Submitted official documents from the approved professional school demonstrating satisfactory completion of the first year of full-time study leading to a post-baccalaureate degree.
A degree other than interdisciplinary studies may be awarded if the combination of course work taken at USC Upstate and the professional school is equivalent to the work required for another bachelor’s degree program at USC Upstate. In such a case, the school in which the degree is offered may recommend awarding that bachelor’s degree.