Distance Education Support For Faculty
USC Upstate is committed to providing quality instruction and course content to students regardless of geographical location by combining the best pedagogical strategies with the latest technological innovations. The Office of Distance Education serves to ensure support, compliance and consistent quality of distance education courses and programs at USC Upstate.
In collaboration with the Department of Learning Technology and the Center for Teaching Excellence, the Office of Distance Education is committed to providing support for both faculty and students in distance education courses.
The following resources are provided to support your online teaching and course development:
- UpOnline Course Consultation program for online certification and course development
- Office Hours and Communication Sample for Online/Blended Syllabi
- Glossary of Common Distance Education Terminology
- Department of Learning Technologies - major partner with the Office of Distance Education; provides a host of training opportinuties
- Faculty Blackboard Tutorials - excellent resource - just point and click on a particular topic of interest
- Testing Center - available for on-campus test proctoring - located in Media 218
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning - offers a myriad of professional development workshops and presentations each academic year
- Universal Design, Accessibility, and Copyright - guidelines and resources on these important issues
- Academic Integrity - common violations and a few strategies to deter academic dishonesty
- Instructional Strategies - pedagogical tools - strategies for engaging learners face to face or via distance education
- Teaching Online Pedagogical Strategies - these are provided by the University of Central Florida
- Digital Campus - provided by Swank Motion Pictures. Use this link to search for current motion pictures (streaming videos) that can be requested through your library liaison. Allow up to three weeks for these requests to be processed. You will then receive a link to the streaming video that can be placed in Blackboard for student access.
- Films on Demand - another excellent library resource that can be presented in Blackboard for course augmentation
- TechSmith Relay Lecture Capture - lecture capture software that is available through USC Upstate (contact IT to have it installed on your work PC)