Distance Education Support For Faculty
USC Upstate is committed to providing quality instruction and course content to students regardless of geographical location by combining the best pedagogical strategies with the latest technological innovations. The Office of Distance Education serves to ensure support, compliance and consistent quality of distance education courses and programs at USC Upstate.
In collaboration with the Department of Learning Technology and the Center for Teaching Excellence, the Office of Distance Education is committed to providing support for both faculty and students in distance education courses.
The following resources are provided to support your online teaching and course development:
- UpOnline Course Consultation program for online certification and course development
- Department of Learning Technologies - major partner with the Office of Distance Education; provides a host of training opportinuties
- Testing Center - available for on-campus test proctoring - located in Media 218
- Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning - offers a myriad of professional development workshops and presentations each academic year
- TechSmith Relay Lecture Capture - lecture capture software that is available through USC Upstate (contact IT to have it installed on your work PC)