Distance Education Support for Students
Distance Education at USC Upstate allows you to study when and where it is convenient for you. It lets you complete your USC Upstate degree your way. USC Upstate online courses use the most up-to-date pedagogical strategies and innovative technologies to engage a community of learners. In distance education classes, instruction may not include face-to-face interaction; therefore, you should plan to study and complete your assignments by working on your own, interacting with classmates through discussions or online communication, and learning with the support of regular feedback from your instructor.
Distance education learners need strong motivation to learn, the ability to work independently, the capacity to follow instructions, and solid time management and study skills. Additionally, the ability to use a variety of technologies is key.
Below are resources and contacts to support your success in courses offered through Distance Education at USC Upstate:
- View the Frequently Asked Questions for Distance Education
- Are you certain you are ready to be an online learner? Take this brief self-assessment quiz to gauge your readiness for a distance education course. Simply type in your name and click login to begin.
- Seven Digital Learning Tips for Students - published by EduTopia, 2012
- Glossary of Common Distance Education Terminology
Distance Education Support Resources
- Navigating Blackboard 9.1
- Blackboard Overview Tour
- Helpful Login Assistance Tutorials from ITS
- How to set or reset your Bb password - *passwords to Bb expire every 6 months and need to be reset
- Help with USC Upstate Email
- IT Helpdesk: 864-503-5257
- Compatible Internet Browsers for Blackboard
- Accessing "Films on Demand" using Internet Explorer 9 - due to a settings issue with IE9, you will need to set your computer to accept cookies before you can access any Films on Demand through our USC Upstate Library and within Blackboard. If you need to, here's how to change your settings to accept cookies.
- Office 365