USC Upstate has five masters degree programs


Continue your education at USC Upstate! The university has five exciting master’s degree programs and you can earn your degree in Business, Education, Informatics and Nursing.

Apply for admission

The George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics offers a *Master of Science in Business Analytics.

The School of Education, Human Performance, and Health offers the Master of Education degree in two programs:

  • Applied Learning and Instruction
  • Visual Impairment

The Informatics and Engineering Systems program offers the Master of Science in Informatics.

The Mary Black School of Nursing offers the Master of Science in Nursing

The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences offers a Graduate Certificate in Child Advocacy Studies.


 Citizenship Verification

Pursuant to section 59‐101‐430 of the South Carolina Code of Laws, as amended in 2008, the University of South Carolina has adopted a general enrollment policy effective January 1, 2009. To attend a public University in the state, a student must be a citizen or national of the United States or an alien lawfully present in the United States.

Students must now provide proof of citizenship before being allowed to enroll in classes at the University.

This verification process has been adopted to deter and prevent false claims of citizenship by unlawful aliens attempting to evade the eligibility requirements of section 59‐101‐430.

You must complete the Citizenship Status Verification form PDF Document and send it, along with proof of citizenship* to the University of South Carolina Upstate Citizenship Verification Office.

The deadline for submitting these documents is prior to attending orientation or registration. If the documents are not submitted we will be obliged to place a hold on your registration in order to comply with state law.

*Proof of Citizenship: One of the following documents can be mailed along with the Citizenship Status Verification form:

  • Copy of your South Carolina driver’s license if you first became a licensed driver in South Carolina after January 1, 2002
  • Certified Birth Certificate indicating that you were born in the United States or a territory of the United States.
  • Current U.S. Passport or U.S. Passport that has not been expired more than 10 years
  • Certificate of Naturalization ‐ USCIS Form (N‐550 or N‐570)
  • U.S. government issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad
  • Certificate of Citizenship (N‐560 or N‐561)

NOTE: If name has changed since birth, you must present all legal documents (i.e., adoption records, marriage certificate, certificate of naturalization, and court ordered name change) supporting all name changes from the name which appears on the document presented as proof of citizenship.

Live Chat