Upstate offers opportunities for non-degree seeking students


Non-degree Seeking Students

Thank you for considering USC Upstate to further your education. Because you are not seeking a degree, you may apply for admission as a non-degree student. Typically, non-degree students are not eligible for financial aid or veterans' benefits.

Non-degree students include:

  • Students who want to take a few undergraduate courses but do not intend to work toward a degree
  • Transient or visiting students from other colleges who want to take a few courses but who plan to graduate from their "home" colleges
  • College graduates who need additional undergraduate credit
  • Students who want to audit courses
  • Students who need teacher certification

Students wishing for their coursework to apply toward a degree should request the University’s standard freshman application.

College graduates who need additional undergraduate credit to qualify for admission to a graduate or professional school or who wish to take courses for personal interest must submit proof of a college degree in one of two forms: 1) official transcript showing degree and date degree was awarded, or 2) official letter from school stating degree and date earned (letter must include registrar’s signature and school seal).

Contact information
Once enrolled, courses require students follow the professors syllabus for attendance and grades. To get started, simply follow the instructions on the Apply Now page to fill out the dual enrollment application for admission. 

For more information, contact Donette Stewart at or 864-503-5246.

Senior Citizens

As a South Carolina Senior Citizen, you are entitled to take courses through the free tuition program. See Senior Citizens.

Live Chat