Alumni Benefits and programs
The Office of Alumni Relations offers a variety of programs and benefits exclusively for our graduates. Check out a listing below for more details on the great opportunities we’re offering just for you. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources offered through your free membership.
- Discount on Nationwide Insurance Auto and Homeowners Insurance. Contact Nationwide agent and USC Upstate graduate Jeff Clark (’99) at 864-814-3003 or visit Jeff Clark Insurance Agency.
- Access to USC Upstate Career Services for career and professional support. Career Services offers services from the Career Closet to employment transition. There also is an alumni section just for you.
- Personal copy of Upstate Magazine to stay current on USC Upstate news and events.
- Invitations to special University and alumni functions and events.
- Alumni are eligible for a discounted membership rate at the Spartan Rec Center. More information and hours can be found at the Spartan Rec Center.
- Upstate alumni receive a 20% discount off the rental rates for any space they book for their personal events at the University, including the George and the Upstate Gallery on Main. Event requests can be submitted on the form for Special Events Facilities Scheduling.
- USC Upstate alumni receive 20% off one insignia item at the USC Upstate Bookstore.
Distinguished Alumni Award
The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed by the USC Upstate Alumni Association. The award celebrates Spartan alumni who have demonstrated excellence in their profession, community and/or to the University.
Coming Soon! Handshake is a career networking and recruitment platform where college students and alumni are connected with employers for internship and career opportunities!
Don't forget to go to the graduation FAQ for all the information regarding graduation.
Senior Legacy Project
The Senior Legacy Project is a long-standing tradition in which each graduating class presents the University with a gift to commemorate their time at USC Upstate and give back to help give future generations of students the opportunity to experience a life-changing students opportunity to leave your mark on USC Upstate. You can designate your gift to benefit your favorite department, scholarship, program or athletic team. We encourage you to participate in creating your Senior Legacy by designating your gift anywhere that is meaningful to you and giving in honor of a faculty or staff member who made a difference in your USC Upstate experience.