Alumni Benefits and programs
The Office of Alumni Relations offers a variety of programs and benefits exclusively for our graduates. Check out a listing below for more details on the great opportunities we’re offering just for you. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources offered through your free membership.
- Discount on Nationwide Insurance Auto and Homeowners Insurance. Contact Nationwide agent and USC Upstate graduate Jeff Clark (’99) at 864-814-3003 or visit Jeff Clark Insurance Agency.
- Access to USC Upstate Career Management for career and professional support. Career Services offers services from the Career Closet to employment transition. There also is the Student and Alumni Resources just for you.
- Personal copy of Upstate Magazine to stay current on USC Upstate news and events.
- Invitations to special University and alumni functions and events.
- Alumni are eligible for a discounted membership rate at the Spartan Rec Center. More information and hours can be found at the Spartan Rec Center.
- Upstate alumni receive a 20% discount off the rental rates for any space they book for their personal events at the University, including the George and the Upstate Gallery on Main. Event requests can be submitted on the form for Special Events Facilities Scheduling.
- USC Upstate alumni receive 20% off one insignia item at the USC Upstate Bookstore.
Interview Practice with Big Interview
We are pleased to offer you a free training system that features a new and innovative way to help you prepare more effectively for a job interview.
Big Interview is an online system that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
You have at your disposal a variety of tools, including:
Handshake Career Services Platform
Handshake is a powerful career services platform that connects job posters and job seekers at all career stages. Handshake is a one-stop-shop career tool, allowing job seekers to create an online profile and access openings posted by approved employers—a group that numbers 50,000 across all industries—and sorted for their particular interests and experience.
USC Upstate is teaming up with Handshake to help students and alumni find meaningful jobs, share career opportunities, and create lasting connections.
If you need help, refer to Handshake’s Help Center , or watch Handshake’s 2-minute training videos.
USC Upstate Alumni Awards
Each year, the USC Upstate Alumni Association proudly presents three alumni awards to recognize the outstanding achievements of graduates who have earned distinction in their chosen field.
Senior Legacy Project
The Senior Legacy Project is a long-standing tradition in which each graduating class presents the University with a gift to commemorate their time at USC Upstate and give back to help give future generations of students the opportunity to experience a life-changing students opportunity to leave your mark on USC Upstate. You can designate your gift to benefit your favorite department, scholarship, program or athletic team. We encourage you to participate in creating your Senior Legacy by designating your gift anywhere that is meaningful to you and giving in honor of a faculty or staff member who made a difference in your USC Upstate experience.
Download the Alumni App!