Spartans Care is a campus-wide initiative that encourages USC Upstate students to support, respect and take responsibility for one another. Spartans Care strives to foster a community where students reach out to students in need and assist in referring them to appropriate resources on campus.
The purpose of this initiative is to:
- Share a listing of campus and community resources that supports students in academic and personal matters.
- Promote participation of students in the lives of their friends who may not know how or feel comfortable seeking assistance from university resources.
- Assist in connecting students with campus resources.
- Reach out to students who are either self-identified or identified by others, to provide appropriate referrals.
- Teach faculty, staff and students about the resources available for our Upstate community.
- Avoid isolation of students who need assistance.
- Nurture a community that values and cares about each other.
- Send a positive message to students about our care and concern for them and their success.
Dear Upstate Students,
RU OK? Many of you may wonder what this icon is all about and how it affects you. Over the past few years, we have seen an increase in the number of students who have been in crisis along with the normal stress of their academic programs. This campaign is a way we hope to assist students who are in need.