Spartans Care is a campus-wide initiative that encourages USC Upstate students to support, respect and take responsibility for one another. Spartans Care strives to foster a community where students reach out to students in need and assist in referring them to appropriate resources on campus.
The purpose of this initiative is to:
- Share a listing of campus and community resources that supports students in academic and personal matters.
- Promote participation of students in the lives of their friends who may not know how or feel comfortable seeking assistance from university resources.
- Assist in connecting students with campus resources.
- Reach out to students who are either self-identified or identified by others, to provide appropriate referrals.
- Teach faculty, staff and students about the resources available for our Upstate community.
- Avoid isolation of students who need assistance.
- Nurture a community that values and cares about each other.
- Send a positive message to students about our care and concern for them and their success.