Housing Rates and Fees
- Summer Housing: $45
- Academic Year (Fall/Spring): $45
Advanced Room Placement (must be paid before room assignments are made)
- Summer Housing: $0
- Academic Year (Fall/Spring): $100
- This fee is refundable if housing is canceled in writing before June 1, 2018.
*Returning students who apply from Feb. 12 - 16 are only required to pay the $45 application fee. If a returning resident cancels after the June 1, 2018 deadline, a $100 advanced room fee will be charged to the student's account.
Failure to Notify of Cancellation: $100
- The deadline to cancel summer housing is April 1, 2018. Anyone who cancels their summer housing application after April 1, 2018 will be assessed a $100 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation for Fall 2018 must occur in writing prior to Opening Day (Aug. 19 or before). Anyone who cancels on or after Opening Day will be assessed a $100 no-show fee.
Contract Release (subject to approval by committee)
- Summer Housing: Resident will be responsible for the full rent of any space occupied a minimum of 24 hours and 40 percent of the remaining value of the contract.
- Academic Year (Fall/Spring): 40 percent of the remaining value of the contract.
Tree Houses (Magnolia and Palmetto Houses):
- Single: $3,065 per semester
- Double: $2,555 per semester
- Single: $3,295 per semester
- Double: $2,270 per semester
*These rates do not include meal plan prices.
Upstate Technology Fee (2017-2018 rate): $25 per semester
Every residential student will be charged a $25 technology fee each semester.
Bed Lofting Fee: $25
This fee is uploaded to a student's account everytime the that Bed Loft Request Form is submitted.
Damage/Cleaning: The assistant director in your community will work with maintenance to determine the cost of damages or cleaning that is documented at move-out. Residents will only be billed for the actual cost of materials, supplies and labor needed to complete the work. The assistant director in each community will notify his/her residents of any damage or cleaning fees that will be billed.
Lockouts: Residents are allowed three lockouts (per year) before being charged $25 per lockout.