Selecting the best off-campus housing for you will be a big decision. We want to assist you with your housing needs and with all your questions and concerns. If you are a new transfer student coming to the Upstate community for the first time or if you currently live on campus and plan to transition to off-campus housing, we want to assist you with every step. Planning ahead is the best way to have a seamless transition.
Basics and Planning
Freshman Year On-Campus Requirement
All freshmen must live on campus the first full academic year. You can complete a freshmen exemption form if you will be staying with parents or guardians within 50 miles of the university. Contact Housing and Residential Life at 864-503-5422 for more information.
Move In Checklist
- Follow these tips to make moving in as seamless as possible.
- Select your apartment complex:
- Research our partner apartment complexes
- Attend Upstate University Housing Expo
- Visit complexes to view options
- Apply for housing to reserve your space
Preparing for Your Move
- Create a folder of important documents
- Purchase renter’s insurance
- Make arrangements with a moving service/truck if necessary
- Schedule utility connections (if needed)
- Fill out a change of address form online or at a local post office (usps.com)
- Update your local address with USC Upstate on Self-Service Carolina
- Confirm the exact time and date of your move with your apartment complex
- Purchase cleaning supplies to thoroughly clean your unit before unpacking
- Take time-stamped photos of anything damaged, hazardous or in need of repair when you move in and report it immediately to your apartment manager
- Introduce yourself to your neighbors
- Review community rules and expectations (trash, parking, pets, noise, etc.)
Call 864-503-5246 or visit Enrollment Services.
Housing and Residential Life
Call 864-503-5422 or visit Housing and Dining.