Students must be accepted to USC Upstate before applying for housing.
- To start the room assignment process, you must complete the online
- housing application through Self-Service Carolina. You must also pay the $75 non-refundable application fee to participate in the assignment process. The date that all housing application materials are submitted will be used to determine your room assignment and priority.
- Single occupancy rooms for freshmen are limited in number and are assigned based on priority following Housing Accommodation.
- Roommate requests can be made through the Housing portal under the Roommate Groups page.
- If you do not have a preferred roommate, you can use the Roommate Groups page to browse for possible roommates, send messages, or you can be matched by the housing staff using the answers to the roommate matching questionnaire.
- Athletes are assigned rooms based on the recommendations of their respective coaches. If you are an athlete who has a specific room type or roommate preference, please consult with your coach so that he/she has that information when reserving your housing.
- What can impact roommate requests:
- If a student has not fully submitted their housing application, they will not be searchable or have the ability to be requested.
- If roommates have requested different Living Learning Communities, Interest Communities, Building or Room Type, and have selected to have room preference honored over roommate preference, they will not be paired together.
- If a roommate group invitation was not accepted within seven (7) days, the invitation will be automatically rejected.
Housing assignments for freshmen are published to the Housing Portal by 12p.m. on Wednesday, July 13th" should also be changed to "Housing assignments for freshmen are planned for publishing on the Housing Portal by 12p.m. on Wednesday, July 12th.