Parking and Traffic Violations
The driver and/or owner or person in whose name a vehicle is registered shall be responsible for all violations incurred by the vehicle. All students, faculty, staff and employees are subject to the schedule of penalties and fines. Penalties and/or fines are payable in person at the University Public Safety Department between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or by mail using the self-addressed lime green envelope in which the citation is enclosed. Citations may also be paid online by using the button below.
Schedule of Fines
|Parking Permit Not Displayed||$25|
|Parking in No Parking Area/on the Grass||$25|
|Parking in Loading or Service Zone||$25|
|Blocking sidewalk or driveway||$25|
|No Parking Permit for Zone||$25|
|Parking at fireplug or in fire lane||$25|
|Parking along Yellow Curbs||$25|
|Parking in Reserved Spaces||$25|
|Parking in Handicapped Space||$25|
|Blocking Handicapped Space Curb Cut||$25|
|Backing In or Pulling Through Space||$25|
In the event that violations are not appealed within three school days or paid within 30 days from the date of issue, the fines will be increased as prescribed.
Schedule of Penalties:
- $25 fine increased to $35
- $50 fine increased to $60
- $100 fine increased to $110
Parking violations more than 45 days past due will be forwarded to a collection agency for further collection action.
Students who fail to pay their financial obligation to the University before the end of the semester will not be allowed to register for school or secure a transcript of records until the obligation has been cleared. Willful disregard of unpaid fines may subject the student to disciplinary action.
Uniform Traffic Ticket, Common Fines:
All traffic offenses will be tried at the Spartanburg County Court House.
|Speeding (over 10MPH) - (4 points)||$100-225|
|DUI 1st offenseDUI 1st offense||$737|
|Reckless driving - (6 points)||$475|
|Speeding (25MPH and over)||Up to $400|
|Underage Possession of Alcohol||$475|
Parking Violation Appeals Form
- Appeals should be filed only if the person feels he or she was given a citation (1) through error; or (2) without just cause.
- Appeal forms should be filed online within 72 hours (3 days) following the issuance of a citation (Saturdays, Sundays or holidays not included). The appeal is automatically forfeited if it is filed more than 72 hours after the date when the citation was issued. Tickets not appealed within 3 business days must be paid within 30 days of issue date.
- The Appeals Committee consists of the following member: (1) a faculty member; (2) one staff member; (3) president of the Student Government or his or her appointee; and is chaired by the director of campus recreation. The committee is appointed to serve for one academic year. The committee will be appointed by the chancellor and will serve for one year.
- The attached rules and regulations are subject to change. All personnel utilizing campus facilities are urged to obtain a copy of the University "traffic and Parking Regulations" at the beginning of the school year. These regulations may be obtained at the University Police Department.
- Handicap, Fire Lane and Vehicle Immobilization citations may NOT be appealed.