The following are frequently asked questions and their answers for maintenance/repair requests: 

How do I request funding for a major capital project?

Complete the Capital Funding Request Form.

How do I order furniture?

Contact us before ordering furniture by using the online work request form. Depending on the situation, we may already have what you need or be able to assist with funding. All purchase orders for furniture must include a requirement for the vendor to assemble on site, remove all packing material and deliver to the room where it is to be set up.*

*We will not assemble furniture that you have ordered unless these procedures have been followed, nor will we deliver it.

How do I notify you of an emergency* facility issue?

Call 503-5500 (extension 5500 if on campus) during University workdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. At other times, or if you cannot reach anyone at those numbers, call University Police at ext. 7777.

*An emergency is a situation where there is an immediate need to rectify a situation.

How do I request non-emergency work?

Please email your requests to your department head administrative assistant who is authorized by your Dean/Department Head to submit work requests to Facilities Management. Requestors can track the progress and status of the work request at any time online.

How do I request a key or keys?
Facilities Key Request Form. Once completed, the form will automatically be sent to the appropriate person for approval. He or she must approve the request before a key can be issued.
*Note: for buildings controlled by electronic card access, we no longer issue keys to exterior doors. Access to these buildings is controlled by University Police. If there is a problem with the lock itself, complete the online work request form.
How do I request a lock be changed or repaired?

Submit an online work request form. If you are asked for the organization account number, it is 548279921.

How do I request any type of work for the Greenville Campus?

Submit your request to the Executive Director's office at the Greenville Campus. The Executive Director will coordinate with us.

How do I request any type of work for the George Dean Johnson, Jr. College of Business and Economics?

Please email your requests to your department's administrative assistant who is authorized by your dean or department head to submit work requests to facilities management. Requestors can track the progress and status of the work request at any time online.

How do I request any type of work for the residential buildings (Palmetto Villas, Palmetto House, Magnolia House)?

Contact the residential life office at 503-5422 or extension 5422 if on campus, or fill out the residential maintenance request form.

How do I ensure that there will be heating or cooling in rooms I am using during hours the rooms are not usually in use?

During normal working hours, most spaces are heated or cooled in accordance with the University Energy Policy. For room use not during normal working hours, you need to ensure you have scheduled the room through Special Events and Facilities Scheduling.

How do I find the Facilities Management office if I want to hand deliver a request or meet with someone in facilities?

We are located at the far north end of the campus. Turn off of North Campus Boulevard on American Way (the road between the tennis courts and the forested area) and follow that road all the way past the water tower. Then, bear to the right into our parking lot. Our location is shown on the campus map.

How do I get copies of:

To receive copies of floor plans; room numbers, capacities, or sizes; building names or numbers; street addresses; leases; acreage; ownership; capital plans or other building or facilities related data, call us at ext. 5500 or email us with specifics about your request.

How do I request to change use of a space?

Submit the request for Change in Facilities Space Use form. It must be completed, printed, signed by the appropriate parties and submitted via inner office mail.