Whether you are a new student, or simply need a refresher, the information below is designed to help you get connected to all your accounts and services at USC Upstate. If following the steps below does not resolve your issue with any of these services, please email the Help Desk or call 864-503-5257.
This chart will help you determine which login is used for which service:
|USC Upstate Email Address||USC Upstate Username||VIP ID||USC Network Username|
|Lab computers/Spartan GreenSky||X|
|Office 365 Email||X|
|Self Service Carolina||X||X|
|USC Upstate Wireless||X|
- Go to the AlcoholEdu login page.
- As you are attempting to login in to AlcoholEdu and Haven PLEASE USE THE PREFIX OF YOUR USCUPSTATE EMAIL ADDRESS. For example if your email address is email@example.com then the prefix will be abc123. Your password will be the same as your password you use for your email. If you are unable to login into your email then your password is incorrect.
- If you need to reset your password please visit passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- The program does not work with certain versions of Safari, Microsoft Edge, and most Smart phones. Please use a computer when completing these programs to minimize issue with compatibility. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for these courses.
- Once you are able to login to Self Service Carolina, you can create your Blackboard password. Follow the instructions here to reset your password.
- Blackboard passwords expire every 6 months.
- To access Blackboard, click on Quick links on the USC Upstate homepage or go to blackboard.sc.edu.
- It can take up to 48 hours for a class to appear in Blackboard after you register.
- To access the library databases, go to www.uscupstate.edu/academics/library/resources and login with your USC Upstate username (the first part of your email) and password.
- If your password is not accepted, try resetting it here: passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- If you still can't login, try using a different web browser.
- New students should already have your username, e-mail address, and initial password in the student data sheet mailed to you after acceptance.
- To login, go to outlook.com/email.uscupstate.edu, and enter your whole email address, and the initial password.
- When you login to your student e-mail successfully for the first time, you will be prompted through a quick setup process. This involves adding a phone number or alternate email for additional security, and setting your time zone. After filling this information out, you will be taken to your inbox.
- Go to passwordreset.microsoftonline.com. This is USC Upstate's online password reset site for students. You can use this site to reset your password should you forget it in the future. Enter your email address, answer the CAPTCHA question and click Next. When setting your password, it must be at least 8 characters; contain a number, an uppercase character and a special character; and not contain any part of your name or username.
- If you receive a message that your username or password is incorrect, then either you have mistyped something or the password was not successfully reset.
- If you receive a message that your account is locked, either your account was compromised or you have entered the wrong password too many times. Contact the help desk to get it unlocked.
- More detailed password reset instructions.
- You can print from Spartan GreenSky from any computer on campus or from your personal computer, using the student held printer queue.
- To print you will need to use either your Carolina Card ID or your USC Upstate username and password to login at the printers and release your prints.
- If your card will not swipe, bring it to the help desk.
- If your password is not accepted, reset it here: passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- You will be required to have print credits or money on your Carolina Card. You can make deposits 24/7 with a minimum amount of $10.00 from the CarolinaCard Options in my.sc.edu. Your deposit will load to your CarolinaCard within 5 minutes. All you need to do is Login to your CarolinaCard Options.
- More detailed printing instructions.
- New students will need to claim your account by following these instructions for student applicants. You will need to know your VIP ID and Social Security Number to set your account up.
- If you have already claimed your account but have forgotten the password, go to https://myaccount.sc.edu/iam/ and click on "Forgot Password".
- If you get the message DUO Security failed, you will need to set up Multifactor Authentication, ideally using your phone. See here for instructions.
- To login to SSC you can use the Quick links on the USC Upstate website or by going directly to my.sc.edu.
- When logging onto Spartan GreenSky on campus or from your own computer you will use your username (the first part of your email before the @) and the same password as your email account.
- If you get the message no connection server, you will need to enter spartangreensky.uscupstate.edu and click Connect.
- If you receive the message unknown username or bad password, you will need to go to passwordreset.microsoftonline.com to reset your password.
- After you enter your login credentials you will need to chose which "pool" you want to connect to. Different virtual pools have different software and the pools you have permission to access will depend on what classes you are taking. All students have access to Student Spartan Green Desktop.
- You can install Spartan GreenSky on your personal computer to use USC Upstate software and print from anywhere. Find out more about the Spartan Green Sky initiative.
- Make sure you are connected to USC Upstate
- Browse to a webapage. You will need to login with your Upstate username and password. If you do not know your password, go here to reset it: passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- Install safe connect when prompted, ensure you have up to date anti virus software and turn automatic updates on.
- If you get a message that you are quarantined, you must update your antivirus. If you cannot update it, please bring your laptop to the help desk.
- More information on connecting to the wireless.